Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From there to here

Mexico offered us several days of excellent travel.  The weather was stinking hot and sunny. The roads were great, good black top, straight stretches with soft curves for the most part.  I love to ride in Mexico.

Brownsville Texas is stinking hot too, can't comment on the roads because we have been held up for repairs for 5 days.  My moto crawled here with a push and a shove.  The mechanic was shocked at the state of the chain and sprokets and advised me not to go any further until they were replaced.  I had to agree since I heard the chain rattling for the last 10 km.  All I asked from my KLR was to make it over the bridge to the USA so I could get it some loving care.  Brownsville is a nice, quiet Texas town with a mechanic less than 10 km from the border.  Many thanks to the border crossing official who found the dealer on the web and gave us directions to the shop.  Kudos to the mechanics working on our motos too.


 From wild turkeys of Tikal to the fowl of Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville.
 


I told Tim not to get too close to that reptile!
 From deserted beaches in Mexico to well used beaches in Texas

A beach somewhere on the Mexico Gulf

A beach somewhere in Mexico

La Pesca

La Pesca
 These are beaches we visited in Mexico as we zoomed up the coast.


Schlitterbahn beach South Padre Island, Brownsville

Schlitterbahn beach South Padre Island, Brownsville.






No comments:

Post a Comment